Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter - a time of reflection and rejoice!!

First of all Happy Easter!!

So Thursday my small group had dinner together, worshiped, went through an Easter message (Seven moments of Easter) and took communion together. What a great discussion we had - it is amazing what happens when you get a group of women together who love God and want to share what they think, know and want to learn with each other. For all of you out there in blogger land here are the point and scriptures we studied:
1. Jesus' victory in the garden of Gethsemane guarantees us his in our personal struggles. Matt. 26: 36 - 46 and Luke 22:39 - 44.
2. Peter's denial of Christ teaches us to prepare for moments of weakness. Matt 26: 69 - 75 and John 21: 15 - 19
3. The crowd's response to Pilate teaches us to not be influenced by our surroundings. Matt. 27: 11 - 26
4. The Crucifixion teaches us that we can learn from Jesus' attitude toward suffering and sacrifice. Matt. 27: 27 - 44
5. The crucifixion teaches us that the one who cries out in despair trusts in God. Matt. 27: 45 - 50
6. The resurrection teaches us not to fear and to replace fear with FAITH. Matt. 28: 1 -10
*notice TRUST in 5 and FAITH in 6. Key points I think!!!!!!
7. The resurrection teaches us to focus on our mission and to rely on God's promises! Matt 28: 10, Matt. 28: 19 - 20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, John 20:21, and Mark 16:7


So to all my friends who were giggling, I mean watching the experience intently, while I was TAKING NOTES using the light from my phone to write...hahaha I have the last laugh as I actually have notes from Seven Mile Miracle - granted they are all over my notebook where I was having trouble seeing where I was writing. But being the person I am, if you are reading my blog you will also have them.....
Each mile along the road uses a key word that shows us the steps on our way to our miracle of being a follower of Jesus.
1. Forgiveness
2. Salvation
3. Relationship
4. Abandonment
5. Distress
6. Triumph
7. Reunion

May God open our eyes to the full extent of his forgiveness.

God will open our eyes to the persistence of his presence.

May God open our eyes to the victory of SURRENDER.

Christianity isn't spelled: DO it isn't spelled DON'T, it IS spelled DONE!! (You've done my will).

My prayer for you: May God bless each and every one of you this Easter season and may your eyes be opened up the full extent of his forgiveness and to the victory of surrender.

Here is a video that sums up Easter for me: Making All Things New