Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trust

Proverbs 3: 5- 6 (the message) states: Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

While volunteering at church last night at Elevation I met a young man from England who has been attending college in the United States. He had brought his parents to church as visitors (VIP's) - I had the opportunity to talk with him after church last night. His story is amazing and he is truly following this verse to a "T". Up until a year ago he was an atheist - now he is headed home to England and thinking of starting Elevation Global in his hometown.

This made me start thinking about how I trust God - am I completely trusting God from the bottom of my heart or am I trying to figure things out on my own. I think that I am somewhere in the middle. However I do know that I want to trust him from the bottom of my heart on a daily basis!!! Prayer will get me there.

This song is one of my favorites from our band at church. The Lord is my ROCK and I need to trust this from the bottom of my HEART!!