Sunday, May 15, 2011

Honesty and Truth

Job 27: 1 - 6 No Place to Hide

1-6 Having waited for Zophar, Job now resumed his defense: "God-Alive! He's denied me justice! God Almighty! He's ruined my life! But for as long as I draw breath, and for as long as God breathes life into me, I refuse to say one word that isn't true. I refuse to confess to any charge that's false. There is no way I'll ever agree to your accusations. I'll not deny my integrity even if it costs me my life. I'm holding fast to my integrity and not loosening my grip— and, believe me, I'll never regret it.

Honesty is and will always be one of my "faults" and one of my personality traits that I admire - it can be a positive experience and yet at times a negative experience! I confess that sometimes I need a "filter" to tone down the honesty some, yet at the same time if I think that what I am going to say is going to hurt your feelings then I will figure out a way to say it in a nicer format. When admiring traits in others one of the first things I try to figure out is whether they are honest or not. If you can not talk truth then you shouldn't be talking. Mom always said "if you don't have something nice to say then say nothing at all." I totally agree with that saying.

I think that often the ones that we aren't honest with happens to be our family - they are the ones that we are afraid to disappoint with the truth. Yet, they are the ones that we should be comfortable enough with to let our feelings out there and to tell them the truth. However, they must be willing to HEAR the truth and know when someone is telling lies to make someone else look bad in order to make themselves look good.

My friends will tell you: If you want to know the honest truth ask Roush - she isn't afraid to tell it like it is. I think its times I work that MAGIC truth with some others in my acquaintanceship - I have listened to the negative bashing for long enough. Romans 12:17 states: Never pay back evil with evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable.

I think by being honest and truthful in all things you are being honorable. Now ask yourself: Are you being HONORABLE, HONEST, AND TRUTHFUL? If not what can you do to change that.